Welcome to Cultural Alliance Nevada
Cultural Alliance Nevada, formerly the Nevada Alliance for Arts Education (NAAE), is a statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of arts, culture and arts education through advocacy, education and partnerships. Cultural Alliance Nevada continues and expands upon the work of NAAE and its two decades of arts and arts education advocacy on the state and national levels, and successful partnerships and initiatives.
Look for our new website after the New Year, filled with 2017 Legislative Session and pre-session advocacy activities.
Cultural Alliance Nevada (CAN):
- Communicates the value of investing in Nevada’s local economies and quality of life, and a superior education for our youth through arts and culture.
- Advocates for public funding and policies to grow access arts and arts education on the local, state and national stages.
- Engages in partnership activities that encourage engagement in the arts and through life-long learning
- Supports Nevada’s thriving grassroots arts advocacy efforts
CAN Activities and Partnerships:
- Advocacy efforts during the 2015 biennial legislative session generated an additional $300,000 per year to the Nevada Arts Council. These funds continue the restoration of our state arts agency’s budget, and resulted in increased grant dollars to Nevada’s arts industry, and arts/arts education programs for Nevadans living in rural and urban communities alike.
- Nevada’s Poetry Out Loud Program/Competition. In 2016, more than 2,800 high school-aged students from 12 counties participated in Poetry Out Loud – learning about their literary heritage through the memorization and recitation of great poetry. Watch the KNPB 2016 Nevada Poetry Out Loud television special at: http://watch.knpb.org/video/2365798784/.
- Arts4Nevada.org (A4N), an online network that promotes Nevada’s rich and varied arts and cultural industry, provides resources for arts professionals and the general public, and serves as Nevada’s advocacy center.
- Professional Advancement in collaboration with the Nevada Arts Council, such as the “Arts @ the Heart” convening, that focuses on community engagement, cultural leadership, the importance of engaging youth.
- Represented Nevada in Washington, D.C. at the 2016 National Arts Advocacy Day and met with Nevada’s Congressional Delegation to promote arts education, programs for veterans and the National Endowment for the Arts budget.